THE INNER SANCTUM
All Content, Images, 'Look and Feel' © 1999-2010 TheMagickSprite
Magick by Ecology
"There are many things thatcan be done in spiritual realmsto help bring about solutions to the world's problems:
* We can kindle spiritual friendships with other lifeforms through communication with Nature Spirits, who can be teachers for us and allies in bringing about planetary healing.
* We can do daily meditations in whichwe creatively visualize the spiritual body of the planet glowing with radiant healing light.
* We can organize and/or take part in ecumenical planetary prayer services and rituals with practitioners of other spiritual paths and cultures.
* We canhonor Mother Earth as an aspect of the divine in our solo and group rituals.
* We can send Mother Earth our love and pray for planetary health each time we visit a stone circle, sacred grove, place of power, temple, shrine or other sacred site.
* We can do spiritual healing magic for the planet in our circles.
It is important to reinforce whatever spiritual work we do with physical action. There are a variety of ways to do this and you should decide on at least one approach and then carry it out. Here are a few examples:
* Recycle trash from your household, take paper, plastics, glass, aluminum cans, and other recyclables to recycling centers.
* Recycle clothes and no longer needed household items by donating them to charities to distribute to the needy.
* Join and actively participate in environmental action groups.
* Write government officialsand urge them to takespecific actions on specific environmental issues, such as stopping all ocean dumping.
* Write letters and articles for publications about the need for environmental preservation.
* Plant trees as part of reforestation efforts.
* Compost food scraps.
* Stop buying and using non-bio-degradable detergents.
* Boycott products from companies that are destroying the Amazon rainforest.
* Pick up cigarette butts and other non-biodegradable litter from parks and other wilderness areas.
* Donate money to nature preserves.
* Give talks at schools, civic groups, churches and in other places in your area about ecological issues.
* Read publications, view films, and attend presentations inorder to keep informed about ecological conditions and to learn about additional ways you can work for planetary healing.
* Conserve electricity, water and other resources on a daily basis.
* Network with others.
© Making Magic For
Planet Earth, written by Selena Fox for Circle Network News